2012 John F. Kennedy University: MA, Counseling Psychology
2006 University of California, Berkeley: BA, Physics
Community Mental Health Experience
2013-2016 Bonita House: Residential Counselor (2015-2016), Relief Counselor(2013-2015)
- Provide mental health and substance abuse counseling in an integrated dual diagnosis residential treatment program for adults.
- Provide individual treatment planning and counseling, Co-facilitate groups, and reinforce community support and the development of positive daily routines and therapeutic coping skills.
2013-2015 Community Options for Families and Youth: TBS Specialist
- Provide Therapeutic Behavioral Services to children and youth who are at risk for hospitalization or greater level of placement due to aggression or self-harm.
- Provide intensive services in the home, school and community settings: teaching and rehearsing adaptive self-soothing skills, challenging cognitive distortions, developing tracking and incentive systems, and facilitating solution-focused communication between clients and their caregivers.
2011-2013 Berkeley Creative Wellness Center: Volunteer, Trainee, Intern
- Provide individual and group counseling to clients facing social and emotional difficulties arising from severe mental illnesses including Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, anxiety disorders, and dual diagnoses.
- Highlight client strengths and collaborate with client towards defining and achieving life goals.
2011-2012 Lincoln Child Center HOPE Program: Trainee
- Provided individual and group counseling for elementary school children referred for anxiety, depression, conduct problems, and complex trauma.
- Treatment modalities included non-directive play, cognitive-behavioral strategies, mindfulness, and systemic advocacy.
2007-2010 Berkeley Student Cooperative: Communications and Alumni Coordinator
Community liaison for a 1300 student affordable housing organization.
2007 Lawrence Hall of Science: Science Camp Teacher
Taught students from age 6 to 13 in three different age specific curricula through interactive demos, activities, and projects.
2005-2006 Berkeley Student Cooperative: Kingman Hall House Manager
Managed a 50 student cooperative house. Responsibilities included policy enforcement, conflict mediation, finance management, orienting new members, and community outreach.